Friday, May 19, 2006

Naomi has a fun day cooking waffles

A professional chef came and taught the children how to make waffles on a Mickey Mouse waffles Iron. At first Naomi didn't want to participate, but gradually the chef won her over:

Naomi cooks


My mom, aunt Debra and I all went to visit Naomi after having visited my aunt Lorraine in another hospital. She had what appears to have been a stroke, but the doctors aren't sure. Please pray for her too.

Naomi had good energy and was affectionate during our visit after she finished her cooking class. The chemo drugs can make the children irritable and anti-social, so it's always a blessing to experience Naomi as she normally is. The effects of the chemo drugs are starting to become obvious in other ways: her face is swelling and her hair is thinning. As these things happen to her, I will only publish photos of Naomi with her and her parent's permission. But I will continue to write about Naomi as she progresses through her healing process. Thank you all again for your compassion, prayers and love. I am ever humbled by and grateful to you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Naomi!

I am a friend of your Aunt Victoria's, and I met you at Victoria's last birthday party. I remember thinking "what a beautiful angel of a little girl!" I am so glad you are getting better and better every day! You are so strong and so brave! It must feel really wonderful to know so many people are praying that you are in perfect health! You are in my prayers, and I know you will be perfectly healthy very soon!

Hugs and Smiles!
Bryony